W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory in Tacoma’s Wright Park is filled with exotic tropical plants and seasonal floral displays. This historic glass conservatory, with its distinctive twelve-sided central dome, is listed on the City of Tacoma, Washington State, and National historic registers. Over 3,000 panes of glass make up the dome and wings of the conservatory.
What to Expect At W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory
- More than 250 individual plant species
- More than 200 orchids
- Between 300-500 blooming plants during four seasonal displays
- Large collections of azaleas, rhododendrons, clivias, cymbidium, agapanthus, epiphyllum cacti, and exhibition chrysanthemums
W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory Information
316 South G St.
Tacoma, WA 98405 (In Wright Park)
General Information Number (253) 591-5330
Hours of Operation
- The conservatory is open Tuesday thru Sunday 10 AM to 4:30 PM
- Gift shop closes at 4 PM
- Open every Third Thursday 10 AM to 7 PM
- Closed Mondays, Nov. 30, Dec. 1, 2, 3 Nov. 26 Thanksgiving, Dec. 2, Jan. 1 New Year’s Day
Admission is free. The conservatory would be grateful if mad a donation of $3 to help offset the cost of operations.
You can park along the semi-circular drive directly in front of the building itself. This is first come/first serve parallel parking on South G and other surrounding streets. There is a pay-to-park lot on the corner of South 2nd Street and G Street.