Clematis Armandii ‘Snowdrift’: Wonderfully Fragrant, Small White Flowers
Clematis Armandii ‘Snowdrift’ is a gorgeous evergreen clematis that has attractive, dark, long-pointed, glossy green leaves and the most wonderfully fragrant, small white (star shaped 4 or 5 petals) flowers that appear in early spring. When this clematis blooms the flowers completely cover the vines.
Not only will you have delicate, graceful flowers in the spring, but it will be handsome throughout the rest of the year. Clematis Armandii “Snowdrift” will reach a height at maturity of 15 to 30 feet or so, and can be very long lived.
How To Make You Clematis Armandii ‘Snowdrift’ Thrive
This plant is perfect for a sunny west or south-facing site; it should be sheltered from cold winds. The glossy mid-green leaves are retained throughout the year, making it an excellent climber for clothing an unsightly wall. It needs to be noted that this plant is toxic to dogs if eaten. This evergreen clematis is a large grower and requires plenty of space to spread. It will grow best in light to open shade or full sun if the location is not a hot spot. Provide a site with rich well-drained soil where it can be occasionally watered during dry weather. When you are purchasing from a nursery the plant should be well rooted and at least two years old. If you plant it too deeply you can smother the roots. Set young plants at the same depth they were in their nursery pots. Clematis is a heavy feeder and appreciates fertilizer in the spring.
General Clematis Armandii ‘Snowdrift’ Information
Pests And Diseases
It can also boast that it is essentially pest free.
No routine pruning is necessary. The rule is that if the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune.
- Plant Type: Evergreen climber/Vine
- Flower Color: White
- Flower Size: Two inches across
- Bloom Time: March to April
- Foliage Color: Beautiful, leathery, dark green
- Height: 15 to 30 Feet (limited by environmental factors)
- Width: 5 to 8 Feet (limited by environmental factors)
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Water Requirements: Occasional watering
- Soil: Fertile well drained
- Hardiness Zones: Zones 6 to 9 (frost hardy, needs winter protection)
- Resistant: Rabbits, deer, slug, and the dreaded snails
- Seasonal Interest: fragrant flowers in late winter with beautiful foliage all year long, attracts bees, butterflies, hummingbirds
Flicker – Clemantis Armandii “Snowdrift” Photos