This is the first of two spring vegetable plant sales held by Seattle Tilth. You can choose from a wide selection of organically, sustainably and locally grown veggies, herbs, edible flowers, fruit shrubs, fruit trees, seeds, supplies, and of course knowledge galore — perfect for planting in March. Seattle Tilth garden educators have carefully selected varieties that grow well in our northwest climate.
You will find:
- Easy-to-grow plants for beginners such as lettuce, greens and peas
- Favorites such as collards, kale, Swiss chard, rhubarb and strawberries.
- Exotic, rare and heirloom plants that will excite more experienced gardeners including asparagus, horseradish, artichokes, onions, broccoli and blueberries.
- Irresistible highlights for foodies include edible flowers, bulbing fennel, red scallions, Romanesco broccoli and dozens of culinary herbs.
- Fruiting shrubs and fruit bearing trees will be available from Burnt Ridge Nursery.
Most veggies are $3, herbs and flowers $4; tree and shrub prices vary.
March 16th from 9 AM to 3 PM
Pacific Market Center Parking Garage, 6100 4th Ave S (enter on 5th Ave S), Seattle WA 98108 (Map-Directions)
Pick-up a Wristband in the Morning
A staggered entry system allows the maximum number of people to enjoy the sale and keep the entrance flowing smoothly during the high tide (probably 9-10 a.m.). Enjoy vendors in the parking lot while you wait to enter the sale.
Take a look at some ideas to help you have a great time at the sale. Read our Hot Tips for Happy Shopping.
At the sale we will accept cash, checks with ID and Visa/Master Card credit cards.