Luther Burbank is a large park of 77 acres with three-quarters of a mile of Lake Washington waterfront. Much of the park has been left undeveloped to foster a variety of wildlife, including 135 species of birds, 50 species of waterfowl, raccoons, beaver, muskrats, tree frogs and rabbits. Many of these animals live in the wetlands that occupy the north and south ends of the park. Located on the northeast end of Mercer Island, Luther Burbank Park features spectacular views of Lake Washington, and has facilities for swimming, boating and fishing.
Amenities at Luther Burbank include:
- A large children’s play area with swings and play structures
- An off-leash dog area at the north end of the park.
- Group picnic areas, available for rental
- Five barbecues and 3 dozen picnic tables available on a first come, first served basis
- Three tennis courts
- Outdoor half basketball hoop
- Public boat dock
- Public fishing pier
- Swimming beach with lifeguards on duty between late June and Labor Day, 7 days a week from 11 am – 6 pm
- An Amphitheater, available for rental
From I-5, take I-90 East to Mercer Island
Take the 77th Ave. SE exit (#7A) immediately after the 2nd tunnel, and turn left on 77th Ave. SE.
Turn right at the stop sign onto N. Mercer Way, go through the light at 80th Ave. SE
Turn left onto 81st Ave. SE.
Turn right on SE 24th St. and drive to the end.
The park entrance is on your left.
From I-405, take I-90 West to Mercer Island
Take the Island Crest Way exit (#7).
At top of the ramp, turn right onto SE 26th St.
at the stop sign turn left onto 84th Ave. SE and drive straight into the park after another stop sign at SE 24th St.
King County METRO Transit provides bus service to the I-90 Park ‘n Ride, about three blocks west of the park. Check bus schedules for arrival and departure times,
Call Metro at 206.287.8463 or go to Metro Online Trip Planner.