My goal for 2014 is to drop my weight from 238 to 195 and for 2015 to have my weight at 165. I am trying to reach that goal by walking 5 miles each day (I plan a 25 mile walk by the end of the summer), and by dramatically adjusting my diet. I am currently averaging about 4 miles a day and my weight is at 211. I am on track to hit my goal of 195.
I have moved my diet to include a lot more fruit, vegetables, and appropriate sized portions of real protein. According to the Report of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee the top 10 sources of calories in the US diet are:
Prime Calorie Offenders
- Grain-based desserts (cakes, cookies, donuts, pies, crisps, cobblers, and granola bars)(completely gone)
- Yeast breads (completely gone)
- Chicken and chicken-mixed dishes
- Soda, energy drinks, and sports drinks (replaced with water and tea)
- Pizza (completely gone)
- Alcoholic beverages (completely gone)
- Pasta and pasta dishes
- Mexican mixed dishes
- Beef and beef-mixed dishes
- Dairy desserts (completely gone)
Share your success
Leave a note to encourage others.