We have wonderful options beyond farmers markets for fresh organically grown fruits and vegetables. Take a little bit of time to explore the U Pick Farms and CSA farms (farm produce through a subscription process) scattered throughout King County. You will find some of the best that King County has to offer listed below.
Amaranth Urban Farm (CSA Farm)
- Nicole Jain Capizzi • 206-701-6567
- email@example.com • www.amaranthurbanfarm.com
- PO Box 20752, Seattle
Organically produced vegetables, flowers & honey available through a CSA; produce is certified organic.
Bybee Farms (You Pick Farm)
- Jayne & Steve Bybee
- 425-888-5745 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- 42930 SE 92nd Street, North Bend, WA
- Daily during season 9 AM-8 PM
Farm is located 2 miles from North Bend at the base of Mt. Si. Get back to nature and watch for elusive mountain goats while U-Pick the biggest, freshest berries. Blueberries, some raspberries, and fresh picked vegetables are available. Email or call 425-888-5745 if you have questions about weather or picking conditions.
Cottage Gardens Blueberry Farm (You Pick Farm)
- Call 425-947-4523
- email@example.com • www.pugetsoundfresh.org
- 14510 Kelly Road NE, Duvall
- Thursday-Saturday 10 AM-6 PM, Sunday Noon-6 PM
- Hours can vary, call to check availability
There are nine varieties of blueberries that ripen from mid-July to early September. In August, large U-Cut sunflower garden with many varieties & colors makes beautiful bouquets. There is a pond, berry fields & acres of woods with deer, birds and other wildlife. First pickers in the morning are likely to share the field with deer. Containers provided. Call ahead for updated picking The farm is located six miles east of Duvall on Kelly Road NE at 145th Street.
Dog Mountain Farm (CSA Farm)
- Cindy & David Krepky
- 425-333-0833 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.dogmtnfarm.com
- 7026 Tolt Highlands Road NE, Carnation
- See website for events, hours and activities
Dog Mountain Farm is a small, family-run operation, growing a diverse selection of vegetables, fruit, herbs, and flowers. The farm breeds poultry and pigs for meat and eggs, and dairy goats for milk. Part of the vision of the farm is to offer many ways to experience farm life and gain a deeper understanding of the food system. Enjoy locavore lunches, farm dinners, and School of the Lost Arts classes to learn sustainable living skills.
Growing Things Farm (CSA Farm)
- Michaele Blakely
- 425-691-8669 • email@example.com • www.growingthingsfarm.org
- 27307 NE 100th Street NE, Carnation
Growing Thins Farm is open for CSA member pick-ups only and not to the general public. This is the oldest organic farms in the Snoqualmie Valley. A wide range of vegetables are grown, as well as berries and herbs. Specialties also include: delicious grass-fed chickens, turkeys, pork, and beef. The fresh eggs have been rated the finest in Seattle. The farm sells also sells produce, eggs, plus hand-made soaps and jam at the Carnation, Bellevue, Madrona, University District, and Ballard farmers markets.
Harvold Farm (You Pick Farm)
- Nancy Harvold
- 425-333-4185 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.pugetsoundfresh.org
- 32325 NE 55th Street, Carnation
- Strawberry U-Pick 8 AM-8 PM daily
U-Pick hours vary, call or request e-mail notification. This is a cash only operation specializing in Puget Reliance, Shuksan Strawberries & Tulameen Raspberries. Children welcome with adults, NO pets in fields. Parking is convenient and close to fields. Take home containers provided at no cost. Harvest time for strawberries mid-June thru first week of July (closed July 4). Strawberries are always plentiful & we are rarely closed. Raspberry harvest starts about July 5, lasts until mid-Aug. Often picked out during raspberry harvest, we will close to allow berries to ripen; best to call first & arrive early.
Local Roots Farm (CSA Farm)
- Jason Salvo
- 206-679-9512 • email@example.com • www.localrootsfarm.com
- 11707 262 Avenue NE, Duvall
Hours are available on the website. This is a diversified vegetable farm located just south of Duvall, owned and operated by Jason Salvo and Siri Erickson-Brown. There are 10 acres of mixed vegetables & 10 acres of fertility building cover crops on their 40-acre property. Local Roots grows more than 60 types of vegetables, from arugula to zucchini, specializing in heirloom and European varieties that thrive in the Pacific Northwest climate. Details about the CSA agreement are available on the website. The farm stand is cash only.
Mosby’s Farmstand (CSA & You Pick Farm)
- Burr & Rosella Mosby
- Farmstand: 253-939-9431 Farm: 253-939-7666
- firstname.lastname@example.org • www.mosbyfarm.com
- 12754 SE Green Valley Road, Auburn
- Daily 9 AM-6 PM
Stop in and pick up fresh Mosby Grown & local seasonal produce, gourmet food, cheese, bread, dairy, Northwest wine & beer. Mosby’s is located in the Green River Valley. The website has detailed information about the Veggie Club (CSA), weekly specials, events, & recipe of the week. The ‘Borrow-A-Basket’ program has everything you need to picnic on our grounds; just add some gourmet goodies from the Farmstand. In October, U-Pick pumpkin patch features corn maze & hay rides. School-age tours are conducted.
Ode to Joy Farm (CSA)
- Joyce Behrendt
- 425-241-9528 • email@example.com • www.odetojoyfarm.com
- 23140 SE 464th Street, Enumclaw
- See website for hours
The farm offers sustainably grown vegetables and eggs from ducks and chickens. Pastured poultry, both broilers and turkeys are available for pick-up at the farm. Information on the website details the farmstand hours and the CSA agreement. You will also find their farm fresh products at the Maple Valley Farmers Market.
- 425-788-1134 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.oxbow.org
- 10819 Carnation-Duvall Road NE, Carnation
- Special events & field trips by appointment
- See website for more information
- Pumpkin Patch: Friday-Sunday 10 AM-3 PM in October
Oxbow Farm is a 20-acre, organic mixed vegetable farm, (some fruit) in the Snoqualmie River Valley. Produce is available through a seasonal CSA agreement, at farmers markets in Carnation, Madrona and Ballard, local co-ops, and restaurants. Oxbow Education Center is now feeding young minds through school field trips, summer camps, and seasonal festivals. There are spring and fall farm field trips for kindergarten & pre-school groups that includes harvesting colorful farm food, exploring the children’s garden and living playground, creepy critter observation, and seed sowing and saving (and snacking)!
Remlinger Farms (You Pick Farm)
- Will & Diane Hart
- 425-333-4135 • email@example.com • www.remlingerfarms.com
- 32610 NE 32nd Street, Carnation
- Market: 9:30 AM-6 PM, May-October
- Park: 10:30 AM-4:30 PM, May-Sept, see website for October hours
A family farm with over 60 years of sustainable local farming, providing fresh produce in our farm market & seasonal U-Pick strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and pumpkins. Enjoy a family fun park with steam train rides, pony rides, mini fair rides, antique car rides, farm animals & live entertainment. Shop the market for our famous pies & preserves, Northwest wines, coffee & gifts. See website for festivals, corporate picnic offerings, weddings, catering & events calendar. Reserve your private birthday party, picnic, group corn maze event, spring or fall educational tour & fall festival party room. Cash only in U-Pick fields.
Serres Farm (You Pick Farm)
- William & Nancy Serres
- 425-868-3017 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.serresfarm.com
- 20306 NE 50th Street, Redmond
- Vegetables/Corn Maze/Pumpkin Patch: Mid-September-October 31
- Saturday & Sunday 9 AM-6:30 PM, Monday-Friday 1 PM-6:30 PM
- Christmas Trees: November 23-December 24
- Saturday & Sunday 9 AM-5:30 PM, Monday-Friday 1 PM-5:30 PM
This is a 24-acre farm for U-Pick & pre-picked sweet corn, vegetables, fruits & flowers. Call or see website for mid-September start date. Enjoy the corn maze, animal train ride & duck race. In October, the farm turns into a U-Pick pumpkin patch including gourds & other fall decorations. Pumpkin varieties include tiny Jack Be Littles, White Luminas & Red French, to Atlantic Giants. You can rent the historic red barn for events. Take Redmond-Fall City Rd. (SR202) 2.5 miles east of Redmond, turn right on Sahalee Way, then first right on NE 50th Street to farm.
The Root Connection (CSA Farm)
- 425-881-1006 •email@example.com • www.rootconnection.com
- 13607 Woodinville-Redmond Road NE, Redmond
- Wednesday-Saturday 10 AM-6 PM, starting first week of June
Now the 26th year, the farm grows all the vegetables in CSA shares. Members can roam the farm for free U-Pick basil, herbs, flowers & other greens; kids can pick in the children’s garden. CSA season starts first week of June; runs 21 weeks through third week of October. For payment information, harvest chart & share content examples, see website. Liberal pickup hours; pick up at farm or drop sites in Lynnwood & North Seattle. For the home gardener we grow our own chemical-free veggie starts, herbs, and tomato plants. See website for farm store nursery days & hours.