Seattle’s Olympic Sculpture Garden is easy to reach. The downtown bus terminal is on Pine. If you get off at that point and walk eight blocks you will come to the Pike Place Market. The path takes you through the market and down the stairs to the waterfront. It is about a ten or fifteen minute walk along Alaskan Way until you reach the Sculpture Garden. My personal favorite is the piece called Wake by Richard Serra, though I have to admit it is really the walk along the waterfront that attracts me. The sculpture garden runs down to a newly created beach where the plantings support habitat for salmon recovery. It is a chance to be immersed in Puget Sound’s unique shoreline ecosystem. The naturally developing tidal garden features kelp, algae and other intertidal-zone plants that are revealed and concealed with the changing tides. The paved walk will take you along the shore until you pass from the Sculpture Garden to Myrtle Edwards Park. The Pike Place Market, the walk along the sound, and watching the sunset from the ridge in the sculpture park is a great memory to capture and a special gift that can be shared, especially if you stop for lunch in the market. If you have not been to this park before you can click Olympic Sculpture Garden.
- Frugal Living
Outdoor Seattle Posted by Seattle-Charlie on April 14, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Author: Seattle-Charlie Share with me my true passions that are gardening, cycling, hiking: I am an avid people enthusiast, and traveler.
- Morton Arboretum: 1,700 Acres Of Stunning Fall Color
- Peonies: A True Rival To Roses In Both Beauty And Fragrance
- An Entertainment Bargain: Tacoma's W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory
- Matricaria Recutita, German Chamomile: Make Your Own Chamomile Tea
Seattle-Charlie’s Latest Tweets
- Retweet....How to Use Facebook Live 360 Video for Marketing https://t.co/LpYDRrcuTh via @kirklander61 #clicks #shares Apr 24, 2017
- Retweet...5 Free Instagram Analytics Tools for Marketers https://t.co/GKgpSURmjZ via @kirklander61 #shares #clicks Apr 24, 2017
- Retweet...How to Amplify Your Pinterest Marketing https://t.co/2pjVYtDrQr via @kirklander61 #clicks #shares Apr 24, 2017
- Retweet...Snapchat Advertising: Is It Working? New Research https://t.co/DZPkMio2wv via @kirklander61 #shares #clicks Apr 23, 2017