Waze is a community based mapping, traffic & navigation app for your iPhone, or Android phone that is receiving traffic data from 50 million members. The goal of this app that is now using Goolgle Maps is to outsmart traffic, save time & gas money, and improve your daily commute.
By simply driving around with Waze open, you’re contributing tons of real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can improve the commute of your fellow travelers by reporting accidents, hazards, police, and other events you see on the road, and get these road alerts that others are contributing. Because it is a social app as well as a mapping and navigation app you can also use it to find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared fuel prices.
Waze is about contributing to and benefiting from the ‘common good’ on the road, so hop on board, get involved, again this superb app is free.
The Waze App Is Free, and This Is What You Get
- Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road information.
- Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, etc.
- Complete voice guided navigation.
- Automatic re-routing based on conditions of your chosen route.
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes.
- Finds the cheapest gas station along your route.
- Notify someone you’re on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive.
- Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors.